At college I would wilt in the stress-filled dorms, and crave what I could only call 'LIFE', that strength/peace/joy/what-the-singing-elves-had-that-made-the-dark-rider-flee/ what-the-saints-had....that holy joy, that bright peace, the joy of the tallest hickory trees thrashing in the bright wind at 10 in the morning, with the calls of the crows and honey-suckle in the wind....
In short, I think it is the presence of the Creator, the Life-Giver, the Holy Spirit. So for my house to be a place where He dwells, where there is life, Life must dwell in me. So to start, I mean to make an effort, for the first time since I was a teenager, to have real daily time spent with him, reading His words, rejoicing in who He is, listening to His voice. My total lack of discipline prevented this from ever happening on a real basis. No more.
Secondly, Rivendell was not full of dirty dishes, and people stressed by not having forks or a place to put their feet on the floor. There's something about mess that does not invite mental peace. So, on with the discipline part, my house is going to be clean, and my kids are going to follow a routine, to organize their daily life. If I really get my act together we might institute some form of the daily office.
My last resolution is creative goals.
- Finish Eowyn Shieldmaiden Outfit,
- Eowyn's White Wool Dress,
- Arwen Blood Red Dress,
- Medieval linen Kirtle,
- Medieval Wool Kirtle 1& 2
- Medieval Wool Half Circle Cloak
- Medieval Linen Smock,
- Medieval Apron,
- Medieval Belt,
- Medieval Linen Cap of St. Birgitta,
- Regency Hat (for Easter)
- Regency Bodiced Petticoat
- Pink Regency Easter Dresses for two of my sisters and I,
- Regency dresses inspired by 2009 Emma,
- Regency inspired coat, from refashioned old coats
- 'Indian' Maternity dress 2.0,
- Medieval 'Link' inspired outfit for Josh,
- Faramir Ranger Outfit 2.0 for Josh,
- Tower Guard Outfit (Like Pippins) for Isaiah
- Medieval (Link Inspired) outfit for Isaiah,
- a comfortable yet matching medieval outfit for Jehanne.
And I will update this blog every Monday.