Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Eowyn 'White Wool Dress' --Planning

About the zelda thing....
No, I don't think I can quite do it. Not with the shoulder armour and the hair casings and all....Its a bit...much. I don't even have the skill to make that armour , even were I to try it.  Maybe I'll make the purple coat  embroidered 'inspired by the armor' goldwork  embroidery...  Now, about Zelda's white dress...
from Zerochan.net  by Aishia

Eowyn's Dress

The white dress reminds me of Eowyn's white wool dress in the Two Towers. (www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Human/Eowyn/Wool.htm 
http://www.koshka-the-cat.com )  But I am not concerned with an exact replica. For one thing, the bliaut 2 piece bodice construction with only shaping in the side seams doesn't work for me. So I am going to unashamedly make this with princess seams (no medieval authenticity here either...) So I am going to kill two birds with one stone. I think I will make this with some really thick cotton I got for a discount, and I'll pretend its wool. I'll do bliaut style sleeves like Eowyn's, with tight muslin undersleeves. I'll embroider the neck, armbands, and perhaps...even the end of the skirt. Then, so I could use it for both, I'll make a removable belt for when its Eowyn's, and I would make a purple jacket for when its Zeldas. Maybe. We'll see. I've never played a Zelda game in my life, but somehow I think this will be fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment