Friday, March 22, 2013

Faramir's Vambrances / Link's Bracers




So I got a thin black leather coat from the thrift store. And I still have the thick leather black coat I got from the church sale. So that means, time to make Faramir (Boromir's and Aragorn's) Vambrances (of Gondor)  In this image, you can see it is constructed of 2 parts. There is a bracer of quilted leather, spiral laced. Over it is the beautiful diamond shaped tooled vambrance, that buckles on.                                                                                                                  
http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/Things/GonVambrace.htm

                                                                                                                                               I am also thinking about Link's bracers. They seem to be a simple charcoal grey leather worn over brown leather gloves (with the finger tips cut away). Only on the left hand does he wear a vambrance thing (over bracer, whatever you call it) that buckles on over it, like Faramir's Gondor leather tooled ones. I like how Link's bracer/under bracer comes down over his wrist. I am still unsure of how it closes, there appears to be some sort of set of straps. I think I will make an underbracer of the thing black leather (not quilted) but something between Link's underbracer and Faramir's. Its shape will be more like Faramir's at the elbow, and like Link's at the wrist. It will not be quilted, but it will be spiral laced for closure. Then I will work on the Gondor over-bracers/vambrances, and also make a Link brown overbracer too. That way Josh can wear the underbracers with either outfit, and just wear the corresponding over bracer(s) to change the look of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment